Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Mantel Show Off!

Kari & Kijsa at "Decorating for Life" are hosting a mantel show off! I know you'll all want to visit them and get some inspiration!

My current home doesn't have a fireplace! My last home had 3, and I miss having those opportunities to add decor to my rooms! So, until we put the the planned fireplace in the family room, my husband (sweet man that he is) has hung a mantel shelf for me.


This first photo is the mantel shelf as it looks now. I am definitely a "more is more" girl! Interesting that when you view your photos, you see things to change! This design needs something taller! I'll be working on that!


Next is the mantel for Christmas 2007.



Christmas 2006



This is a photo I have saved in my inspiration file. I can't remember where I got it so I can't give credit, but it was probably either Veranda or Traditional Home magazine. I absolutely love it, and one day will attempt to do my own version!



Now I'm off to visit a bunch of creative bloggers and their wonderful mantels! Thanks again Kari & Kijsa!


Enjoy! Chris

©

No comments:

Post a Comment