Thursday, June 26, 2008

Walls in Black

My husband & I have been watching HGTV's Design Star. I did not think we would bother. After the first night, there wasn't one of the designers I liked, one that I thought had any "star" qualities. I did however discover a couple of the wannabes that I really disliked!

I think I watched on the second week, hoping one of them would get the boot. That did not happen, sigh... What did happen is that a couple of the others are growing on me! One of those is Matt. I have to say that I thought the black-walled living room that he and Michael designed was beautiful!

That room reminded me of some pix I have saved in my inspiration file. If I remember correctly, these were posted on the HGTV message board. Sadly, I don't know who designed the room, because I would love to give them credit!

I am not sure whether I could live with a black room, but this one is certainly stunning! It seems to me that I would love it in the colder months, but that it might be oppressive in the warm/hot summer!

What do you think of this room? Are you watching Design Star? Did you like Matt & Michael's room?


I really like the way the bed drapes created a "room within a room" in this large space.


The panels & moulding are beautiful & the red accents (especially the coral) are just WOW! Somehow, the shell fabric and sea-themed accessories help to add life to the room, don't you think?


Enjoy! Chris


©

No comments:

Post a Comment