Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Two Weeks in February

One of the the many blessings of living in the country is the view out my kitchen windows.  I can watch the neighbors cattle, my western bluebird families, tree swallows, humming birds, and assorted fury creatures, such as rabbits, squirrels (grrrr) and gophers (double-grrrr).  Occasionally, I see a coyote or bobcat wander through the yard.  And then there are the deer.  Love 'em...hate 'em, depending on their appetite for my plants.  LOL!

For two weeks in February, the critters are completely overshadowed.  Our 40+ almond trees burst into bloom and we live in a white-flowered wonderland.  The trees are scattered all over the property, so the "show" is everywhere, but especially outside my kitchen window.

I've taken a few photos to share.  All but one is taken out my kitchen window.  The other one, of our Almond Alleé was taken by my daughter.  It is actually her backyard.  (She also lives on our property.) 

Please forgive the fact that I didn't straighten and stage the kitchen counters. :o(








Can't wait to get going on the herb garden there!



It is so lovely to have this wonderful reminder that Spring is right around the corner!  Especially during the dull, grey days of February!

What beauty do you find outside your windows this time of year?


No comments:

Post a Comment