Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Thankful Thursday is hosted by Rhondi at Rose Colored Glasses.



I am so thankful for my home!
As I logged into the internet this morning, this was the headline on the Yahoo splash page:

US Foreclosures up 55%
One in every 464 U.S. households received a foreclosure filing last month.

I find that statistic staggering! I cannot even begin to imagine the heartache of being forced from my home. I know that in some cases, people have made poor decisions, purchased beyond their means, or perhaps been duped by unscrupulous loan officers. In other cases, there are circumstances beyond their control, such as job loss, illness and huge medical bills, even divorce or loss of a spouse. What ever the reason, it is a tragedy!

I am very thankful the we are able to pay our mortgage, and that headline reminds me just how huge a blessing that is!

Spending time reading your blogs has shown me how much you all cherish your homes. My prayer today is that none of us will ever face foreclosure! If any of you are currently dealing with this, I pray that God will lead you through the situation and that He will give you the strength to "land on your feet" and be ready to start a new chapter of your life!

Thankfully, Chris
©
P.S. I am off to Salt Lake City for a business conference. I'll be back on Monday - have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment