Sunday, December 14, 2008

Santa's Transportation - Part I

I'm certain that because a grew up with Clement C. Moore's "A Visit from St. Nicholas" (also known as "The Night Before Christmas") I have always imagined that Santa Claus' mode of transportation was a sleigh pulled by eight reindeer. Imagine my surprise, when as I was viewing a collection of vintage Christmas images, I found Santa and his fully loaded sack of toys pictured on any manner of conveyances!

Am I the only person who never considered anything other than a sleigh? I hope not, because if so, I'll be boring you for a few days with some really cool vintage images.

I must say, the "jolly old elf" is very resourceful!

First, I'll share a few images of my previous very limited idea of proper Santa transportation. The first one is my favorite. The rest are variations on a theme...


















Now for a teaser!

Did you know Santa sometimes has to resort to a canoe? And that he can negotiate waterfalls & rapids by the looks of this one!




Come back tomorrow for more fascinating information on how Santa gets where he needs to go...

Enjoy! Chris
©

No comments:

Post a Comment