Monday, December 14, 2009

Saturday Morning Fun at High Hand Nursery

You may know by now that one of my favorite places is High Hand Nursery in Loomis, CA. I have mentioned it HERE.

This past rainy Saturday morning, my friend Nancy & I took a class at the High Hand Flower Shop. The class was called "A Fanciful Garden" and we had a very good time! The Flower Shop is a recent addition to High Hand. It is located in the historic fruit-packing sheds and it is a delight to behold.

The structure of the building is so interesting and the design and merchandising of the shop is really wonderful. I've included some of photos below.

I like this very tall Scheffelera plant, and this view shows the metal walls of the shed.



Here's another view of the interior structure. Isn't that topiary dress form wonderful.
I need that!



Not exactly sure why, but I took a fancy to this corny vase!



I just had to show you this beautiful white hydrangea.

I am especially drawn to the succulents. What a variety!






This one is so interesting. It's called Table Aeonium.




The purpose of the class was to learn about the method and plants suitable for a container garden. For the price of the class, we had many nice pots and varieties of plants to choose from. Of course, Nancy & I both "upgraded" to larger pots and I added additional plants! I'm telling you, when you get me in that place, I just can't stop finding things I love...


We both chose from the evergreen plants; dwarf pines, junipers, cedars, etc. I think I'm going back for a succulent garden though. I took photos of most of the container gardens made in the class. I think you'll agree they turned out well, even if my photography isn't so wonderful!


The first two are from other "students". Cool, huh?



This one belongs to my friend Nancy. Love that pot!



This one is mine. You'll notice that there is some bare dirt in a couple of them. That is because the little plant with the red berries, Cotoneaster, needs room to spread.


Do yourself a favor. Go play in the dirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment