Sunday, September 28, 2008

Autumn Tablescape & Recipe Exchange



Yesterday was the day! (I forgot - so sorry!) We're showing off our Autumn tablescapes & a favorite recipe. This fun event is hosted by Heidi Ann @ Foxgloves, Fabric & Folly. Visit her gorgeous blog to see the list of all the participants, and spend your Sunday afternoon being inspired!

My tablescape is a simple one. The leaf dishes were a gift from my sis. The glass pumpkins are a small protion of my collection. (More on them in an upcoming post.) The zinnias are from my garden. The were "supposed" to be red & white candy-striped, but instead, I got all sorts of striped color variations. Lucky me! I love them all!


My recipe is taken from a one of those ringbound community cookbooks and it is tried & truly delicious.

Curried Butternut Soup

1 tbsp. sweet butter
2 tbsp. sherry or vermouth (trust me, sherry is better!)
2 cups chopped yellow onion
2 large butternut squash
1 tbsp. curry
1 tsp. nutmeg
2-1/4 cups chicken broth (can use vegetable broth)
1 cup apple juice
2 McIntosh apples, peeled and grated
1/4 tsp. ground pepper

In a large pot, melt butter with sherry over low heat. Add chopped onions and cook until clear, about 20 minutes.

Peel squash, remove seeds and cut into 1" squares. Add squash and remaining ingredients to pot. Simmer 30 minutes.

Strain soup, Put solids into blender with 2 cups strained liquid. Process until smooth. Return to pot and mix in remaining strained liquid until soup is of desired consistency. Heat slowly for 10 minutes.

Serve with a dollop of sour cream & snipped chives.


Enjoy! Chris

©

No comments:

Post a Comment