Thursday, September 25, 2008

Thankful Thursday

It's time for Thankful Thursday again! I can't believe another week has flown by! I first want to thank Rhondi at Rose Colored Glasses for hosting us each week.



Today, I am so thankful for the Autumn Harvest!



This is the season when one of my favorite veggies is everywhere, in abundance. Squash! Acorn squash, pumpkins, baked, in soup or pies,I love them all! But, see that large, oblong, golden beauty at the top of this photo? Not just any squash, but my absolute favorite, Spaghetti Squash!








If you have never tried Spaghetti Squash, you just don't know what you've been missing! It is delicious, versatile & it's a squash that even most picky kids will eat. After all it "looks" like fun! And if you let them help "string" the squash, they'll enjoy it even more!


This link will take you to a page with cooking instructions and other interesting facts.


This is a scrumptious recipe: Spaghetti Squash Casserole, though I even love it just with butter and salt & pepper!


I am truly thankful for these delicious, nutritious and even fun vegetables. They keep a long time if stored properly, and are a wonderful part of our tummy-warming Autumn meals!

Thankfully, Chris
©

No comments:

Post a Comment